"Building Scholars and Champions"
Horizon Christian Schools is an educational community gathered around the person of Jesus Christ and grounded by Biblical truth. We seek to provide a comprehensive education, in harmony with the purposes of God for each student and in partnership with parents, producing students who are fully alive.
- 17 Teaching Staff
- 7 Certified through State Agencies or ACSI
- 16 with Bachelor's Degrees
- 12 with Master's Degrees
- 12 year average Teaching Experience
SCHOOL AND GRADING INFORMATION
- The school is accredited through AdvancedEd.
- The school is organized into two 18-week semesters with permanent report cards issued at the completion of each semester. Students take three 90-minute (A day) classes and three 90-minute (B day) classes, that meet every other day. They also take two 45-minute classes that meet daily (C day) classes.
- Classes are graded on a scale of A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1, F=0, W=Withdraw, I=Incomplete and P=Pass. (Withdraws, Incomplete and Pass grades are not included in the GPA).
- Weighted classes are graded on a scale of A=5, B=4, C=3, D=1 and F=0.
- Class rank and GPA may be reported by both weighted and unweighted grade point averages on the final transcript.
GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS 2013/14
|4 Credits in English
||1 Credit in Health
|4 Credits in Social Studies
||1 Credit in Physical Education
|3 Credits in Math
||3 Credits Foreign Language, Fine Arts, or Professional Tech.
|3 Credits in Science
|1-4 Credits in Bible
||9 Elective Credits (Including Bible)
(Students are required to take Bible each semester enrolled)
Total Credits Required to Graduate: 28